Okay....so I seem to be kind of horrible at keeping this updated. It's not for lack of wanting to. I suppose it's based more on my lack of inspirational things. My daily routine is incredibly boring. In fact it usually entails...well...nothing.
I wake up, let the dogs out.
Feed the dogs.
Lay in bed a little longer, because although puppy thinks 545 am is a great time to greet the day..I frankly prefer...say...7 or 8.
Get up, eat something..preferably a healthy option. The big debate..toast with peanut butter or with marmalade?
Go to the gym.
Spend a lot of time at the gym.
Come home. Maybe eat. Shower and hang around until B is available or my mom arrives home.
Throw in the obligatory book reading. Working a few hours 2 days a week. And that's about it.
My weekends tend to be better. I mix in 9 hours of work each day with socializing time in the evening.
As must be obvious..my job hunting is going just as everyone else who's looking for a job hunt is...slow.
Seeing as I have spent quite a bit of time at the gym I have a comment to make about the most current entry at No Caption Needed. (my fav site ever)
They show a picture which at first glance appears to be a print of the same woman, twice. In reality it's two women from a FL based Cheer squad for a pro sports team. The author of the blog emphasizes that the women are not the same, yet they look so, because of societal standards. Slim figure, toned muscles. That they are duplicates of eachother because they are forced to conform.
My opinion: I wish there was more emphasis toward being healthy and not so much on the outward appearance. Quite frankly, I don't care if I don't fit into a US size 8 (which by the way is considered plus size YES PLUS SIZE). I'm working out because I need to be healthier. I do need to lose weight, but not because I need to fit into designer clothes, or feel that my appearance should make who I am. I think there should be stronger support for being healthy. And the first step is to have celebrities emphasize that.
I admire Kate Hudson for this. She had her son and gained like 60 pounds. On her small frame that was a lot, but she took her time losing it. No intense work out sessions starting 7 days after birth, no drastic diets. She took her time, focused on her son rather than on her body. She looks great now.
I'm not sure why I babble about this. I just wish that the girls who don't need to lose weight stop complaining about being fat. And focus on being healthier. Exercise is good for everyone.
Wendy Kozol’s The War In-Between
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment