Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Best Part of Waking Up

I've always really loved where I grew up and still live. The house has been the only place I have known, my neighborhood was AWESOME growing up and overall the cow-town vibe has suited me.

We are not really cow-town, just some people I go to school with seem to think so.
Is it really my fault that it takes them 45 minutes to travel the length of their state. And they never leave it?

Yes, it takes more than 5 minutes to get the a grocery store.

Yes, there are only about 6 stoplights, 1 DD's, 1 McDonald's, a couple restaurants, a couple bars, a small grocery, couple gas stations, etc. You get my drift.

The good parts-low crime, decent schools, lots of friends.

I suppose I can get over driving 10 minutes to get dinner ingredients. In fact I kind of like it.

When I first went to School in Providence it took me a long time to get use to the noise. Sleeping I would constantly be interrupted by sirens, garbage trucks, cars honking. Street lights were a novel thing for me. And my campus is on the outside of downtown. I can't imagine living in downtown. That would have been an adjustment.

I got use to it. Dorm life does that to you.

But I must say, falling asleep to the sounds of crickets and peepers and waking to the sound of birds is great.

This morning?

I was lucky enough to hear the National Anthem played from the local Sub-base. It's a sound I've heard frequently in the morning, and taps I hear at night. Reminding me to relax

"The day is done" and I'm home.

Not sure what I'm going to do if I get the job in Providence. Obviously, move up eventually. But I know I'll miss the charm of the Ferry..

Busy day. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment